Founders Advises on Seven Transactions in the Software & Internet Sectors
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (January 16, 2015) – Founders Technology Practice experienced a record year in 2014 advising on seven transactions, several of which were previously unannounced. “Our team is extremely pleased with the outcomes that were achieved for our clients during the past year,” remarked Zane Tarence, managing director of the Technology Practice. “It’s always rewarding to witness the value created and synergies realized in these types of transactions, and we’ve been blessed to work with some incredible business owners, buyers, and investors. There is clearly a tremendous amount of opportunity for owners of privately-held businesses within the Software and Internet sectors, and we are excited to continue serving these markets in 2015.”
Due to competitive sensitivities, four of the acquirers have requested that the parties and terms of the transactions remain confidential at this point in time:
- A Higher Ed SaaS company serving 250+ colleges and universities was acquired by a publicly-traded data analytics and consulting services company.
- RedOrbit, a leading destination for space and science enthusiasts that delivers content across a variety of mediums, was acquired by a digital publishing company serving a similar audience.
- A market-leading online crowd funding platform was acquired by a software and Internet-focused private equity group.
- South Cypress, an online retailer of first quality tile, stone, glass, wood, laminate, and vinyl floor coverings, completed a growth capital funding round with a private equity group serving technology-enabled businesses in the Southern United States.
- A digital platform creating and distributing high-quality lifestyle videos was acquired by a private equity-backed media company targeting the how-to/information space.
- One of the leading online travel rewards businesses attracting a large international audience was acquired by a publicly-traded company.
- Petri IT Knowledgebase, one of the most trusted online portals for IT professionals across the globe, was acquired by an online media company catering to the information technology market.
About Founders Investment Banking
Founders Investment Banking is a merger and acquisition advisory firm based in Birmingham, Alabama. Its team’s proven expertise and process-based solutions help companies and business owners access capital and prepare for and execute liquidity events to achieve specific financial goals. The firm’s practice areas include a Technology Practice that serves clients operating nationwide in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Internet, and Digital Media sectors; a General Transaction Practice, which serves clients from a variety of industries located in the Deep South; and an Oil and Gas Services Practice focused on the U.S. oilfield services sector. In order to assist Founders Investment Banking with securities related transactions, including this transaction, certain Principals are registered investment banking agents of M&A Securities Group, Inc., member FINRA/SiPC. M&A Securities Group and Founders are not affiliated entities. The testimonial presented herein does not guarantee future performance or success. For more information, visit www.foundersib.com.