Founders advised on five transactions that closed in the first quarter, two of which sold to strategic buyers, with the remaining three selling a portion of their company to private equity groups.
“We are thrilled to help our clients unlock the economic value of their company with a proven process that not only achieves a premium valuation, but also facilitates discovery of the best qualified buyer or investor, achieving our clients corporate and personal objectives.” said Duane Donner, Managing Partner for Founders.
“Our team is pleased with the outcomes achieved for our clients in the first quarter of this year,” remarked Zane Tarence, Managing Director of Founders’ Technology Practice. “We are excited to see what the future holds for each company and are honored to have been able to serve as advisors on these transactions.”
Highlights of the transactions are listed below. In some of the transactions, due to competitive sensitivities, the acquirers have requested that some or all of the parties and/or terms of the transactions remain confidential.
- Occupational Health Dynamics, Inc. (OHD) of Birmingham, Alabama was acquired by Schauenburg Group, a prominent family-owned holding company in Germany. OHD provides industrial hygiene instrumentation and services to a variety of occupational safety markets including general industry, manufacturing, first responders, and government. OHD’s world-class management team, innovative culture, and long runway for growth all contributed to a strong investment thesis for the buyer. Schauenburg Group functions as a holding company dedicated to industrial enterprises. The emphasis is on profitable businesses managed by skilled individuals and specializing in niche technologies.
- Circle 8 Crane Services, a leading provider of operated and maintained crane lifting services to the oil and gas, commercial, and industrial markets in the United States, was recapitalized by Trive Capital, a Dallas-based private investment firm. Circle 8 was founded by brothers, Phillip and Allen Bryson in 2007, and now has locations throughout South Texas, West Texas, Houston, East Texas/Louisiana, and Oklahoma. The Company currently has very strong customer relationships and has focused on expanding its reach and adding capabilities to better serve its customers.
- Bravo Food Service, LLC (Bravo), a leading franchisee of Little Caesars in the Southeast, was acquired by Four Foods Group. Bravo was started in 2002 by the Arias family, and through organic growth became one of the nation’s largest Little Caesars franchisees with 48 locations across Central Alabama and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- A leading online marketing company was recapitalized. The company provides partners with a variety of online marketing technology and services to help merchants reach targeted consumer audiences and better monetize their digital customers. The company’s solutions include an affiliate network platform, lead generation, database and email management, display advertising, and traffic monetization.
- A rapidly growing, vertical SaaS company in the healthcare space was recapitalized. The company provides practice management software to a highly fragmented niche of the healthcare industry. Over the past twelve months, the business experienced topline growth of approximately 10% month-over-month and maintained 100%+ MRR retention rates. Due to competitive sensitivities, the acquirers have requested that some of the parties and terms of the transaction remain confidential.
About Founders Investment Banking
Founders Investment Banking (Founders) is a merger, acquisition & strategic advisory firm serving middle-market companies. Founders’ focus is on oil and gas, SaaS/software, industrials, internet, digital media and industrial technology companies located nationwide, as well as companies based in the Southeast across a variety of industries. Founders’ skilled professionals, proven expertise and process-based solutions help companies access growth capital, make acquisitions, and/or prepare for and execute liquidity events to achieve specific financial goals. In order to provide securities-related services discussed herein, certain principals of Founders are licensed with M & A Securities Group, Inc. or Founders M&A Advisory, LLC, both members of member FINRA & SiPC. M&A Securities Group and Founders are unaffiliated entities. Founders M&A Advisory is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Founders. For more information, visit www.foundersib.com.