By: Wesley Legg
Founders experienced another record year in 2018, with principals advising on thirteen transactions, and expansion of the team and a new office in Houston. Highlights of Founders’ 2018 transactions are listed below. In some of the transactions, due to competitive sensitivities, the acquirers have requested that some or all of the parties and/or terms of the transactions remain confidential.
- Founders represented a credit card review business acquired by a leading consumer financial digital performance marketing agency.
- Founders represented a digital consumer finance business acquired by a public international online marketing company.
- Founders represented Co-construct Holdings, LLC (“CoConstruct”), a leading provider of cloud-based client, project, and financial management solutions for custom home builders and remodelers, in their partnership with San Francisco-based Serent Capital to receive a growth equity investment. CoConstruct serves over 4,600 residential building companies as the end-to-end solution to efficiently manage and customize construction projects by bringing communications, schedules, selection decisions, estimates, and more into one place for contractors, clients, and trade partners on the web and mobile. Read More
- Founders represented Spectrum Companies, a leading regional environmental consulting and services firm, in the acquisition Pipe Services of Alabama, a specialized service company that provides many pipe-related offerings. Pipe Services of Alabama is a specialized service company that provides pipe service offerings including CCTV pipe inspections, air-acceptance pressure testing, cleaning, and various other pipe and manhole services and engineering solutions for municipal parties, subdivisions, and industrial sites throughout Alabama. The addition of Pipe Services to the Spectrum team will allow Spectrum to directly service the utility and infrastructure market with both pipeline video and pressure testing services. Read More
- Founders represented Mustang Energy Services, Inc. (“Mustang Energy”), a Ft. Worth, TX based provider of geosynthetic liner solutions, in its recapitalization and merger with Extreme Plastics Plus, a portfolio company of Blue Wolf Capital Partners, LLC. The combined entity is now one of the country’s largest environmental containment service companies in the U.S., servicing the all major domestic shale basins. Read More
- Founders represented Predikto, an Atlanta-based predictive analytics software company, in its acquisition by United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX). Predikto is known for its proven cloud-based predictive health maintenance solution, which enables customers to forecast and improve asset reliability with greater certainty. United Technologies Corp. provides high-technology systems and services to the building and aerospace industries. Read More
- Founders represented an EMR software solution provider in merger to create a platform of healthcare data conversion solutions and support with a specific focus on supporting healthcare providers in the transition between EMR providers.
- Founders represented Minimizer, LLC (“Minimizer”), headquartered in Blooming Prairie, Minnesota, in the equity investment from Capital Partners. Minimizer is a leading manufacturer and distributor of branded heavy-duty truck aftermarket accessories. Its products include fenders, brackets, floor mats, seats and several other product lines in and on the truck. Capital Partners has a history of investing in heavy duty truck part companies. Read More
- Founders represented a vertical software provider acquired by a leading provider of multiple corporate governance software solutions.
- Founders represented Southern Plastics Company, Inc., a manufacturer of soft plastic fishing lures for the fishing industry’s leading brands, in acquisition by Lew’s Holding Company, a Springfield, Missouri based outdoor consumer products company.
- Founders represented CovalentWorks, LP in acquisition by SPS Commerce, Inc. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, CovalentWorks is a leading provider of electronic data interchange (EDI) services to suppliers and retailers across a wide range of industries. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, SPS Commerce, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPSC) is a leading provider of cloud-based supply chain management solutions for retail customers worldwide.
- Founders represented a leading provider of electronic payment solutions and technology across multiple verticals.
- Founders represented Atchafalaya Measurement, Inc. (“AMI”), an industry-leading provider of measurement services to oil and gas companies in the United States, and a portfolio company of Tampa based KLH Capital, in its recapitalization and merger with SPL, an industry leader in hydrocarbon production measurement services, and a portfolio company of Industrial Growth Partners. AMI is recognized as an industry leader in hydrocarbon measurement – and an excellent fit with SPL’s technical capabilities. Read More
About Founders Advisors
Founders Advisors (Founders) is a merger, acquisition, & strategic advisory firm serving middle-market companies. Founders’ focus is on energy, SaaS/software, value-added distribution, industrial technology, internet, healthcare, and digital media companies located nationwide, as well as companies based in the Southeast across a variety of industries. Founders’ skilled professionals, proven expertise and process-based solutions help companies access growth capital, make acquisitions, and/or prepare for and execute liquidity events to achieve specific financial goals. In order to provide securities-related services discussed herein, certain principals of Founders are licensed with M & A Securities Group, Inc. or Founders M&A Advisory, LLC, both members of member FINRA & SiPC. M&A Securities Group and Founders are unaffiliated entities. Founders M&A Advisory is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Founders. For more information, please visit www.foundersib.com.